Apr 30, 2018
In episode #638, Eric and Neil
discuss why the small things can make a big difference. Tune in to
hear how many different facets go into creating a successful
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
Small Things Make The Biggest
- [00:36] At a past job, Eric
took the footer links on the homepage and added more that said
“Learn Web Design” and “Learn Web Development”. These small changes
helped to improve the domain authority.
The Dropbox referral program isn’t what made their company, even though it
- [01:35] Their explainer video
was also a small thing that helped make a difference without making
- [02:00] Dropbox offered a lot
of little things to help create the powerhouse they are
- [02:15] It’s never just one
thing, but rather a lot of little things that make up a successful
- [02:45] It’s like a video game:
you are constantly leveling up.
- [03:38] Think about building
things up, but remember not to do it in isolation.
- [04:00] Figure out how you can
do one small marketing thing each and every week.
- [04:05] Even though you won't’
necessarily see the results every week, it will pay off in the near
- [04:20] When Eric started
at Single Grain, the web traffic was 4000/month. Now, it is
- [04:30] This improvement was
made over the course of four years.
- [04:41] Never expect immediate
- [05:16] Eric remembers grinding
away until he got results.
- [05:44] It’s all about the
- [06:06] For the first year that
Eric was podcasting Growth Everywhere, he would spend six hours putting together all
the facets of creating and uploading an episode.
- [06:17] He only got 9 downloads
per day, but kept grinding away until he got more
- [06:30] Now, they get 80,000
- [06:44] There was no one thing
that made the podcast big, it was a combination of
- [06:48] That’s all for
- [06:49] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: