Aug 9, 2017
In Episode #374, Eric and Neil discuss whether you should be
using manual bidding for your Facebook ads. People have been
running ads on Facebook for years now and still rely on the
automatic bidding and optimization features for their ads. Tune in
to learn what Eric and Neil prefer between the two and how you can
know what option is best for you.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Should You Use Manual Bidding on
- 00:35 – People have been running ads on Facebook for a couple of years now
- 00:42 – People just rely on Facebook’s automatic bidding and
- 00:50 – As per any kind of marketing, you want to be testing
all the time
- 00:53 – Eric has seen marketers who have switched to manual
- 01:11 – You can set the manual bid on how much you’re willing
- 01:36 – Every time Neil uses automatic bidding on Facebook, it
is way higher than manual bidding
- 01:49 – Neil thinks manual bidding works better
- 02:00 – Neil saw a 20% increase on his automatic bidding
- 02:10 – With Google, you can set the bidding to manual at
first, then to automatic
- 02:30 – Figure out what your numbers are and just test the
- 03:00 – Marketing
School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual
analytics tool that helps you increase your conversion rate
- 03:53 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- People tend to rely on Facebook’s automatic bidding because
it’s easier and less time consuming.
- Know your numbers and test the manual bidding option; it’s
cheaper and you stay in control of your options.
- For ANY type of marketing you choose, you need to be testing it
all the time.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.