Oct 21, 2017
In Episode #447, Eric and Neil
discuss whether or not you should rely on Google Search Console
data. Tune in to learn the difference between Google Search
Console’s data to Google Analytics’ data and why it’s important to
cross-reference what you see with other tools.
Time Stamped Show
- 00:27 – Today’s topic:
Should You Rely on Google Search Console Data?
- 00:38 – Neil does not see
Google Analytics' data
matching that of Google Search
- 00:48 – Google Analytics removes
bot traffic while Google Search Console picks up more bot
- 01:05 – Google Search Console
doesn’t update their information as often
- 01:23 – Google Search Console is
- 01:50 – Make sure to still
cross-reference with other tools
- 02:30 – Marketing School is giving away
90-day FREE trial to Crazy
Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 02:43 – That’s it for today’s
3 Key Points:
- Google Search Console’s data
won’t always match that of Google Analytics’.
- Google Search Console is usually
a week behind in updating information.
- Don’t rely on Google Search
Console alone, cross-reference with other tools.
- What should we talk
about next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this
episode? If so, please leave a short