Nov 10, 2016
In Episode #102 Eric and Neil talk about whether or not you
should do guest posting on other websites and blogs or just post on
your own. Listen to learn the pros and cons for both options and
why blogging now is much harder than it was before.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: Should you do guest posting or blog
on your own property?
- 00:50 – If Eric is to pick one, he’ll pick writing on his own
- 00:55 – Build on your own
- 01:09 – All great content should be your investment in your
- 01:37 – Neil picks guest blogging
- 02:33 – The market changes
- 02:47 – Sites that get the highest quality of content tend to
get most traffic
- 03:04 – Neil changed his blogging patterns on his website
- 03:24 – Blog thorough, in-depth content
- 04:44 – Guest blogging let’s you have quicker traction
- 05:16 – Choosing depends on where you sit
- 05:56 – Neil is cutting his guest posting in America
- 06:20 – Guest posting helps build your brand
- 06:36 – Shifting strategies
- 07:04 – Blogging is not as effective as it used to be
- 07:25 – Ahrefs’ in-depth study
regarding guest posting
- 08:44 – Blogging is tough now
- 09:33 – Most people won’t go through the journey of posting
- 11:01 – Blogging is just one way to go about growing
- 11:56– That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Blogging, either on your own site or another, has pros and
- What are your goals? Iron those out before committing to a
- Keep your BEST content on YOUR digital properties.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.