Sep 20, 2020
In episode #1509, we ask if you should go to war with a larger
company. Recently Apple and Android kicked Fortnite off their app
stores because the popular game violated the rules by adding in-app
payments and discounts. A lawsuit and more between Epic and Apple
ensued and we wonder if this will benefit or harm Epic in the long
run. Tune in to find out more!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: If You Should Go to War
with A Larger Company.
- [00:30] Fortnite went all out against Apple by
adding in-app payments and discounts.
- [00:52] How Apple responded and how Epic was
prepared for a fight with lawyers ready, etc.
- [01:43] Neil’s thoughts: Do what is best for
your customers, even fight a large company.
- [01:57] How this lawsuit could be good PR for
Epic, and they are big enough to possibly win.
- [03:12] The significance of the discount
Fortnite users have been given.
- [03:49] That’s it for today!
- [03:50] To stay updated with events and learn
more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or call
us on 310-349-3785!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know
in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a
Connect with Us: