Feb 13, 2018
In episode #562, Eric and Neil discuss why you should probably
not buy an expensive home. Tune in to hear on what you should
actually be spending your money on.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Should You Ever Buy a Multimillion
- [00:34] The home Eric just sold was worth close to a
- [00:43] Neil has lived in some big homes.
- [00:55] Neil had an expensive condo on the Las Vegas Strip
because the builder was selling them for less than their
- [01:20] Neil doesn’t think homes are valuable and a waste of
- [01:34] Neil’s friend has a two-bedroom condo and believes real
estate is one of the worst investments.
- [01:52] You could make more money investing in Tech.
- [02:00] If you are interested in real estate, look up Grant Cardone, who has a funny
YouTube channel all about it.
- [02:09] Eric’s mom is a real estate agent and she is always
pushing him to buy a home.
- [02:31] Eric and Neil would rather invest in businesses and
- [03:19] All the homes Neil has ever purchased were for
investments. He believes in staying in hotels and dumping money
back into tech.
- [04:00] Instead of wasting money on a down payment, put it back
into your business.
- [04:13] You are better off renting.
- [04:54] Warren Buffett talks about staying in your lane.
- [05:10] Eric and Neil focus on investing in what they are good
at or that they understand.
- [05:38] If you choose to have a big home, use it to have
dinners for entrepreneurs.
- [05:57] Dinners led to $200,000 in deals for Eric’s
- [06:15] Eric originally paid for dinners, but then found a way
for his guests to pay for it.
- [06:23] He used Eventbrite and put a price on the ticket to
- [06:37] That’s all for today!
- [06:39] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway
for a special marketing goodies giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: