Sep 10, 2018
In episode #771, Eric and Neil
discuss whether you should build links using rich anchor text. Tune
in to hear if you should be focusing your energy on anchor
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
Should You Build Rich Anchor
Text Links Still?
- [00:54] If too many links are
rich in anchor text and contain a keyword, search engines will know
that you’re trying to manipulate them and you won’t rank as
- [01:10] Go to Ahrefs and type in the URLs that are at the top of
page 1 for the terms for which you are trying to rank.
- [01:45] If you are building
links naturally, you won’t be able to control the anchor text all
- [02:25] Once the cup is
overflowing, you will be hit with an algorithmic
- [02:55] Only focus about 5-10%
of your energy on anchor text.
- [03:33] Links impact rankings,
but so does the content on your page.
- [03:55] If you only focus on
rich anchor text, your rankings are unsustainable.
- [04:30] That’s it for
- [04:33] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: