Oct 12, 2016
In Episode #73 Eric and Neil discuss Medium—should you sue it or
should you not? Listen as they talk brand building versus
monetization, the importance of content control, and more…
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:29 – Today’s topic: Should you be using Medium or
- 00:44 – Neil doesn’t see the value right now, especially if you
already have your own blog that gets traffic
- 01:03 – You can use Medium to promote your blog…maybe
- 01:20 – Why build equity on somebody else’s platform?
- 01:45 – Why would you compound your investment on another
- 02:00 – Where’s the conversion tracking? Where are the tracking
- 02:20 – Now, if your written content doesn’t have anything to
do with what your blog normally covers, go ahead and put it on
- 03:15 – Medium is really a new, higher-quality version of
- 03:38 – Medium lacks versatility
- 04:00 – You can test Medium for link building
- 04:15 – If your blog blows up, you have no control with
- 04:28 – The plus side of Medium is this—they have an audience
so your copy will be read
- 05:09 – if your goal is to solely grow exposure…Medium can work
- 05:50 – Are you focused on brand building or monetizing?
3 Key Points:
- Ask yourself are you interested in brand-building or
- With Medium, you have zero control.
- When you do most on Medium, at least you know your content will
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.