Nov 21, 2016
In Episode #113 Eric and Neil talk about whether or not you
should hire a PR agency for your business. Listen to know the pros
and cons that are tied to hiring a 3rd party agency and why PR is
not for new companies that are just starting out.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Should I hire a PR agency for my
- 00:44 – If you’re first starting out, don’t expect a launch to
take you a long distance
- 01:19 – Neil shares his negative PR experiences
- 02:05 – The best way to hire a PR person is to have them work
full time for you
- 02:13 – Neil shares more of his PR experiences
- 03:53 – Find a person to do PR – do not find companies
- 04:17 – Eric shares his PR experiences
- 04:36 – The PR industry is antiquated
- 04:37 – Neil recommended Chris Barrett to
- 06:01 – PR makes sense if the costs make sense
- 07:01 – If you’re looking for PR people, check out: Janine from
Fresh PR and Richard
- 07:39 – Your goal is to graduate from an agency and hire
- 08:01 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- PR is not for all business types—don’t invent in PR on a
- Getting a PR person is way better than getting an agency.
- Your end goal is to graduate from hiring agencies and get
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.