Sep 30, 2016
In Episode #61 Neil and Eric talk about the differences between
hiring in-house, hiring consultants and hiring agencies. Listen as
they highlight the pros and cons, share what works for their own
businesses, and the stunning advantages of outsourcing.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:29 – Today’s Topic: The Pros and Cons of Hiring In-house
Versus Agency Versus Consultant
- 00:42 – Neil never hires agencies—only specific
- 01:08 – Eric has an agency but would not hire an agency
- 02:08 – How the Forced Hiring tactic works
- 02:10 – Using LinkedIn
- 02:52 – The easy way is to just look for an agency
- 02:58 – Agencies do not fully understand your product
- 03:18 – Be mindful of relationship dynamics
- 03:26 – Think about why you want to hire
- 03:34 – In-house for managing the whole process
- 03:42 – Freelancer for a specific task
- 03:48 – Consultant for helping in strategy
- 04:10 – It depends on the task you want to get done
- 05:00 – Optimize costs and results
- 05:40 – Working with the big ones means paying for the brand
- 06:35 – Consider your company’s culture—don’t hire solely for
- 07:16 – End of today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Agencies bring convenience, but significant expense as
- Hiring for what you need done and what fits your culture.
- Don’t look at just the costs; look at the results as well.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.