Jun 28, 2018
In episode #697, Eric and Neil
discuss why they spend so much money on this podcast. Tune in to
hear why giving something away for free can be a good
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
Why We Spent $46,452 on
- [00:42] Eric and Neil enjoy
doing this podcast.
- [01:15] They struggled with
quality and methods at first, but eventually found their
- [01:21] Now, they spend money
on intro and outro music, editing, studio time, etc.
- [01:40] Ads and hosting are
- [02:05] Neil doesn’t like
spending money if he doesn’t have to.
- [02:49] Eric thinks he has made
at least $100,000 from producing this podcast, while Neil thinks he
has made $0.
- [03:22] Neil does the podcast
because he believes in the “rule of seven”.
- [03:40] The podcast is one of
the seven touchpoints he uses to remain top-of-mind.
- [04:20] Marketing is going to
get harder and harder, so having multiple touchpoints is
- [05:00] Eric and Neil could
make more money monetizing the podcast, but they have decided it’s
more beneficial to keep it free.
- [05:15] This podcast was on the
Entrepreneur Network, but they didn't want to read ads during the
show, so they got booted.
- [05:50] Conservatively, they
could be making $200,000/year off the podcast alone.
- [06:10] They believe you should
do things for free as long as you enjoy it and something good comes
- [06:50] They are playing the
- [07:10] Sometimes, they get
great ideas while working on the podcasts the end up making them
- [07:50] That’s it for
- [07:53] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: