Jul 20, 2019
Episode #1084 is another special
edition installment, recorded at our Marketing School Live event in
Tune in to hear Neil discuss the
future of digital marketing and what you can do to stay on
- [00:54] Today’s Topic: The Future
of Digital Marketing According to Neil Patel
- [01:30] When you work with
companies of all sizes, you notice trends and patterns in the
- [02:40] I see every single side of
- [03:20] There are at least a
billion blogs on the Internet.
- [03:30] Do we honestly need this
- [04:15] All companies are
leveraging digital marketing.
- [06:22] We are all worried about
- [06:32] However, during the last
recession, Google’s revenue went up.
- [07:32] Marketing is going
- [07:47] Google has the majority of
the revenue, with Facebook a close second.
- [10:06] In general, social shares
- [10:25] Google doesn’t penalize
for duplicate content.
- [12:25] If you don’t keep updating
your content, you won’t maintain your rankings.
- [14:11] Conversion rate
optimization is not sexy, but it’s effective.
- [14:35] It’s the smallest
investment with the biggest ROI.
- [17:09] There are so many tools to
use to compare your competitors stats with your own.
- [19:45] Growing traffic used to be
a manual process, but can easily be automated using Clickflow.
- [24:05] Uber and
Dropbox came in with so much hype, but when they
went public, their stocks didn’t do as well.
- [24:40] For visibility and
omni-channel marketing, always use the Rule of Seven.
- [27:01] Email and push
notifications are still a great way to market.
- [30:00] The more you focus on
conversions, the better off you will be.
- [30:14] Conventional CRO tactics
won’t work anymore.
- [32:55] Personalized messaging is
a great tactic.
- [33:12] Chat is responsible for
28% of Neil’s sales.
- [36:15] Anything you do in
marketing and business should be researched and tested.
- [37:12] That’s it for
- [37:26] We are going to take
applications for live intensive sessions. Just go to the Marketing
School site for more information and to
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this
episode? If so, please leave a short