Feb 19, 2019
In episode #933, we discuss
whether you should coin your own marketing terms. Tune in to hear
if you should create new terms in order to promote your
We have committed to throwing a
FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing
School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate,
review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
Should You Coin Your Own Terms
- [00:36] We have talked about
this in the past. Our mutual friend, Brian
Dean came up with the
- [01:12] Most people are coining
hundreds of terms, but only a handful are taking off.
- [01:35] Neil would rather ride
the coattails of a term, rather than inventing one.
- [02:04] Let someone else build
the demand, while you go in and fill it.
- [03:11] It’s ok not to be the
- [03:25] Drift invented the term
“conversational marketing”, but Hubspot came up with the more popular “inbound
- [04:12] Eric prefers Neil’s
method to inventing his own terms.
- [04:21] That’s it for
- [04:25] We hit our goal of 1
Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles. Check out our website and continue listening to our podcast for
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next?
Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so,
please leave a short review.
Connect with us: