Jul 17, 2019
In episode #1081, we offer a
free listen to Larry Kim’s presentation from the Marketing School
Live event in Los Angeles. Tune in to hear Larry discuss his hacks
for Facebook marketing for 2020 and beyond.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:55] Today’s Topic: Larry
Kim’s Top 5 Favorite Facebook Marketing Hacks for 2020 and
- [02:15] Larry is from Winnipeg
and he’s obsessed with unicorns.
- [02:47] Larry started
WordStream in 2008 out of a bakery he frequented.
- [03:00] Now the company employs
over 300 people managing over $1 Billion in ad spend.
- [03:20] He sold the business
one year ago.
- [04:22] Facebook is getting in
trouble for questionable live streams and censorship.
- [04:55] The future of Facebook
is private groups and messaging.
- [06:22] Live chats are a core
growth marketing area on which to focus.
- [08:40] Anything you can do
with email marketing, you can do with messaging.
- [11:35] Use a chatbot builder
- [12:45] Surveys are a great way
to get user feedback and you can do them using chatbots, so they
are more conversational.
- [15:10] This helps improve
- [17:25] In order to improve
experiences, you would want to create content around questions
- [19:11] By making a person
confirm that he is doing well in a conversation, you can use that
to piggy-back upon and move onto the topic at hand.
- [19:47] No matter what you’re
selling, try to take people on a conversational
- [22:30] It’s never been easier
to grow your email subscriber list.
- [23:20] Don’t wait for people
to message, you have to be more proactive in getting
- [23:40] A Comment Guard is a
strategy for baiting users into messaging your company.
- [25:05] Another way to engage
your audience is to ask an enticing question and offer the actual
answer and further information.
- [28:12] Larry has changed the
way he does Facebook ads, so that it sends people into his
messenger funnels instead of a landing page.
- [30:44] After someone becomes a
Messenger contact, you can input their info into a Drip campaign and attempt to use
- [31:15] You can also remarket
people based on conversational criteria.
- [33:14] There are more daily
active users on messaging platforms than on social media, yet less
than 1% of companies have the ability to market to those
- [33:27] Engagements rates are
100x better than email marketing.
- [34:45] That’s it for
- [34:48] Please go to
Marketing School for a free copy of Larry’s slides.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next?
Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so,
please leave a short review.
Connect with us: