Jul 18, 2019
In episode #1082, we give you
the opportunity to hear Eric’s conversation with Syed Balkhi from
the Marketing School Live event to talk about how to design your
thinking for unstoppable growth. Tune in to hear all about what Syed does and
how he runs his business.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:55] Today’s Topic: How To
Design Your Thinking For Unstoppable Growth
- [01:15] Syed’s company creates
- [02:34] They have over 9
Million websites using their software.
- [04:31] Syed tries to be
consistent and do the simple stuff that delivers over
- [05:15] Syed has personal
health goals, because he gained a good deal of weight.
- [05:40] He applied a similar
principle here and did the simplest things with
- [07:58] An external success gap
is the gap between what the product does and what the customers use
the product for.
- [10:00] An internal success gap
is what your product does and what the user thinks it should
- [10:10] Sometimes, there are
things that the product can do, but doesn’t yet, because the
company hasn’t anticipated all of the users’ needs.
- [10:43] Affiliate marketing is
having a commision-only sales team.
- [13:05] If someone is ranking
for the best article on marketing, you can reach out to them to try
out your product.
- [17:32] Syed got his first
customers through his blog that already had a big
- [17:41] He also used influencer
- [19:01] Content marketing is
still key to success and Syed leverages this to attract more
- [21:56] Syed has in-house
writers, because he needs people with a certain level of
- [24:45] Publish
Press is a great tool
for tracking content.
- [27:05] Wordpress powers 34% of
- [27:30] Syed sees it as the
operating system of the web.
- [29:15] Hiring the right people
has helped Syed, as is having a physical planner and blocking off
- [34:56] Syed found that
building relationships (strategic partnerships) with other
companies has proven successful.
- [37:40] Streaks has added a lot of value to Syed’s life; it’s a
great accountability tracker.
- [38:08] The Content Template
feature in SEMRush has proven helpful to his company, as
- [38:30] One book Syed
- [39:13] That’s it for
- [40:00] We are going to take
applications for live intensive sessions. Just go to the
Marketing School site for more information and to
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next?
Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so,
please leave a short review.
Connect with us: