Nov 27, 2019
In episode #1214, we share our
top tips for crushing a speaking opportunity. The key is to find
out exactly who your audience is so that you can tailor content
accordingly. Tune in to hear some great advice for interacting with
your audience and getting hold of their contact
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How to
Crush A Speaking Gig.
- [00:49] The importance of
developing your own voice and presence.
- [01:12] Keeping in mind that
your goal is to promote your brand, and get more
- [01:35] How you can quickly
expand your email list and collect leads.
- [02:17] Getting connected with
an intimate group through a cool LinkedIn
- [03:32] The benefits of
frequently publishing content on LinkedIn.
- [03:38] Knowing what kind of
audience you will address and tailoring your message
- [04:02] Why you need to
constantly engage with your audience: talk with, not to them.
- [04:20] Ideas for interaction:
asking questions, making jokes, etc.
- [05:03] Avoid talking about
yourself too much and having a long bio.
- [05:13] Asking the event
organizer for more information on the audience, and avoiding
- [06:07] The advantage of asking
people to text you to get the presentation notes.
- [06:33] To stay updated with
events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the
Marketing School site
for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short
Connect with Us: