Feb 22, 2019
In episode #936, we discuss how embedding YouTube
videos hurts your traffic. Tune in to hear how you can avoid this
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School
Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M
downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe,
and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How Embedding YouTube
Videos Can Hurt Your Traffic
- [00:38] There used to be a way to turn of the
feature where YouTube would suggest or autoplay related
- [00:50] Now, you can’t turn it off, so you end up
driving traffic to someone else’s channel.
- [01:10] If you add “rel=0” to the code, it will
include videos from your channel instead of random ones.
- [01:33] YouTube tries to incentivize people to stay
on their site.
- [02:15] Neil would attempt to keep people on his
site instead of watching more videos.
- [02:32] It is getting harder and harder for him to
do that when going up against YouTube.
- [03:05] To jack up his view count, Neil likes to
send push notifications when he releases a new video.
- [03:15] When he drives people to his site, he gets
a higher view count.
- [03:46] That’s it for today!
- [03:50] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So,
we will be throwing a free
event in Los Angeles. Check out our website
and continue listening to our podcast for further details.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next?
Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so,
please leave a short review.
Connect with us: