Jan 13, 2018
In episode #531, Eric and Neil talk about how Google
Intelligence can help you understand analytics and grow your
business. Tune in to hear which analytics are key to interpreting
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Our Favorite Google Analytics Hacks
That Actually Help You Grow
- [00:35] For mobile or desktop, there is a thing called
Google Intelligence. It’s a program much like Siri or
- [00:45] You can ask Google Intelligence questions about your
website’s analytics and it will give you answer much like Siri or
Alexa would. You do not actually have to know anything about
- [01:14] Neil likes to create segments for each different type
of traffic source, which helps him to understand and parse the
- [02:23] Creating segments will help you fine-tune your
- [02:28] Make sure that you are linking up Google Search Console
and Adwords with
Combining the data will make your life easier.
- [02:48] Kaushik.net is a blog with
advanced segments you can duplicate, as well as using some
templates he has built.
- [03:29] There is an article on Medium that has a few analytics hacks you
- [03:37] Neil likes to see how quickly his site loads.
- [04:04] Look at your most popular pages and see the load times.
Speeding them up will help boost your conversions.
- [04:41] Utilize Google Tag
Manager. When you connect Tag Manager to analytics, you can
check scroll depth and other cool analytics that will help you
determine how engaged people are.
GTM Measure School is a great YouTube channel that will help
you figure out Tag Manager hacks.
- [05:29] If you’re a content marketer, it’s important to know
there is a tool within Google Analytics called “Content Groups”.
You can set up content grouping to figure out how certain content
- [05:52] Content marketing is a hit or miss game, so you want to
analyze topics and trends and see what is performing well.
- [06:02] By grouping your content, you will be able to better
analyze content performance.
- [06:58] That’s it for today!
- [07:00] Go to singlegrain.com/giveaway if you want
to get in on a special giveaway opportunity!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: