In Episode #110 Eric and Neil share their highlights from the past 100 podcast episodes. Apart from sharing what they’ve learned and what they’ve experienced, they’ll also thank all the listeners for being part of this journey with them!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:26 – Today’s topic: Our biggest lessons from 100 episodes of marketing school
- 00:46 – #1 When you first launch a podcast, you won’t get too much traction
- 01:17 – As you do it more and more, people start to listen
- 01:52 – No huge ‘bang for your buck’ on the first 100 episodes
- 02:06 – #2 Great feedback but with couple of negative ones
- 03:11 – #3 People who launch a podcast for the sake of making one doesn’t do so well
- 03:41 – You have to have an audience to push it through
- 04:02 – #4 Consistency takes a lot of work
- 05:15 – #5 Blog audience helps the success of this podcast
- 06:03 – It’s not easy to get a lot of downloads and listens
- 06:22 – #6 Podcasting is just like blogging
- 07:11 – #7 Time buys you listens and traffic
- 08:24 – Google Tomasz Tunguz or Compounding effects of content marketing
- 08:58 – Having a picture on your podcast helps
- 09:27 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- The first 100 episodes didn’t come easy.
- Podcasting is much like blogging in terms of traffic and views/listens.
- Have a plan for your podcast, without one, you are doomed to fail.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: