Nov 18, 2016
In Episode #110 Eric and Neil share their highlights from the
past 100 podcast episodes. Apart from sharing what they’ve learned
and what they’ve experienced, they’ll also thank all the listeners
for being part of this journey with them!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:26 – Today’s topic: Our biggest lessons from 100
episodes of marketing school
- 00:46 – #1 When you first launch a podcast, you won’t get too
- 01:17 – As you do it more and more, people start to listen
- 01:52 – No huge ‘bang for your buck’ on the first 100
- 02:06 – #2 Great feedback but with couple of negative ones
- 03:11 – #3 People who launch a podcast for the sake of making
one doesn’t do so well
- 03:41 – You have to have an audience to push it through
- 04:02 – #4 Consistency takes a lot of work
- 05:15 – #5 Blog audience helps the success of this podcast
- 06:03 – It’s not easy to get a lot of downloads and
- 06:22 – #6 Podcasting is just like blogging
- 07:11 – #7 Time buys you listens and traffic
- 08:24 – Google Tomasz
Tunguz or Compounding
effects of content marketing
- 08:58 – Having a picture on your podcast helps
- 09:27 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- The first 100 episodes didn’t come easy.
- Podcasting is much like blogging in terms of traffic and
- Have a plan for your podcast, without one, you are doomed to
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.