Oct 17, 2018
In episode #808, Eric and Neil
discuss their early failures. Tune in to hear what
not to do if you want long-term success.
Eric and Neil have committed to
throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once
Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take
action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
My Failed Attempt at
- [00:38] When Eric started doing
SEO, he wanted to white and black hat stuff.
- [00:55] He made a website
called Lightshow Videos.
- [01:10] WIthin a month or so,
he was ranked #1 for lightshow videos.
- [01:20] However, it doesn’t
matter where you rank if you don’t get any volume.
- [01:40] Neil’s first site was a
- [01:47] He realized the sites
that had the most amount of traffic, had the most
- [02:00] He scraped Google and
looked for the most popular pages, then recreated those on his
- [02:05] He then started getting
thousands of visitors per month.
- [02:14] Once he added
Ad Sense, Google then became wise to his scheme and his
traffic slowed down.
- [03:00] Eric once made a
website about getting rid of pimples.
- [03:15] He hired writers off
of Text Brokers and had them write 300-500 word
- [03:30] Traffic slowly
increased, but then remained stagnant.
- [03:50] Eric learned that you
get what you pay for: quality matters!
- [04:22] Don’t get too greedy
with link building.
- [04:31] Neil acquired a site
called “Battlefield Bypass”, which was a park that was once the
site of a Civil War battle. The site had a bunch of government
- [04:41] Then he moved on to
- [05:00] Neil would dominate
rankings by backlinking to popular sites.
- [05:30] He was getting results,
but it would only last for a couple of months.
- [05:55] The point is: Aim for
- [06:09] That’s all for
- [06:18] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting.
Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1
Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live
event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: