Oct 1, 2018
In episode #792, Eric and Neil
discuss what you should do when your content marketing isn’t
getting you any traffic or sales. Tune in to hear how you can turn
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topics:
My Content Marketing Isn't
Working. What Should I Do?
- [00:40] When Eric joined
Singlegrain, their traffic was flat.
- [01:03] They audited their work
and found the articles were low-quality and the algorithm wasn’t
picking anything up in their content.
- [01:52] There are two camps:
Blogger with no traffic, blogger with traffic but no
- [02:10] If you don’t have
traffic, try using SEMRush to figure out what is going wrong.
- [02:20] If a keyword has a high
CPC, it means that the traffic is worth more.
- [03:00] If you aren’t making
sales, you probably need to be more aggressive and use exit
pop-ups, sliders, opt-ins, email marketing, drips, etc.
- [03:30] You will start seeing
revenue when you create funnels.
- [03:47] Ahrefs has a keyword difficulty tool that shows how
difficult it is to rank for a given keyword.
- [04:35] Your content may not
take off right away, but if you use the aforementioned techniques,
it will go well for you.
- [04:52] If you aren’t
generating revenue, try quizzes.
- [05:22] That’s it for
- [05:31] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting.
Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1
Million downloads per month. They will throw a live event once they
reach their goal.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: