Jul 21, 2016
In Episode #1 Eric and Neil introduce the world to The Marketing
School—a daily podcast built to share marketing insights with the
world. Today’s main topic: where you can go to learn
- 01:36 – Do you want learn about online
marketing?—Don’t go to college!
- 02:22 – College professors don’t have practical,
up-to-date, field experience
- 02:31 – Go to blogs like www.moz.com, www.backlinko.com, www.singlegrain.com
- 02:45 – Read some articles, take what you learn,
and apply it to your website
- 03:19 – Every single online marketer that’s good
got started on their own website
- 03:27 – Learn before you earn
- 04:01 – Learn to be persistent
- 04:35 – Small wins add up over time
- 04:45 – How Neil become Eric’s mentor
- 05:29 – Keep your foot on the peddle and you’ll
start to pass everyone around you
- 06:00 – Like Eric, Neil got his start by emailing a
random entrepreneur he looked up to
- 07:29 – Be willing to trade knowledge all the
- 08:03 – How Eric learns marketing now?—Nuzzel
- 08:35 – www.Kissmetrics.com
- 08:55 – Feed.ly
- 09:19 – Neil just learns by CRUSHING blogs and
articles—he picks the ones with the most social shares
- 10:32 – Education is about actionable material
- 11:15 – Subscribe to this podcast on iTunes!
3 Key Points:
- Only read detailed articles or guides—skip the
generic overview stuff.
- Understand that you have to learn before you earn,
and then be persistent with your education.
- If you want to get into marketing, start
experimenting on your own website.
- What should
we talk about next? Please let us know in
the comments below.
- Did you
enjoy this episode? If so, please leave
a short review.