Apr 13, 2018
In episode #621, Eric and Neil
explain how marketers are full of shit. Tune in to hear how you can
decipher a bullshitter from a talented marketer.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
Marketers Are Full of
- [00:34] Marketers always talk a
big game, but their results speak for themselves.
- [01:08] When hiring marketers,
make sure whatever they claim to have done is backed up by
- [01:45] Eric’s friend had to
fire his marketing guy, because the marketer used up too many
- [02:16] You must absolutely
require proof of success and pay them for a trial period (run a
series of paid tests).
- [02:48] Always test out a
working relationship before you pull the trigger.
- [03:20] Neil doesn’t care what
your title is, he is only focused on efficacy and
- [03:43] Eric and Neil can
easily provide proof of their results.
- [04:05] “What is the most
impressive win of your marketing career thus far?” is Eric’s
favorite interview question. Once you start pressing for details,
you can tell whether a candidate is lying.
- [04:40] Neil likes to show
candidates his website and ask what they would do to fix any
- [05:05] This is a great way to
see if they can think on their feet or improve upon anything. It
shows you if they know what they are talking about.
- [05:41] That’s all for
- [05:43] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: