Nov 20, 2016
In Episode #112 Eric and Neil share their insights on when and
where it’s worth investing your time in the pursuit of long tail
keywords. Listen to understand what long-tail keywords are, what
they are compared to, and how their strategic implementation can
always help you rank.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Is it really worth going after long
- 00:36 – Long tail keywords are 3-5 word phrases people are
- 01:06 – Head term vs long tail keywords
- 01:35 – Wikipedia’s Abraham
Lincoln page as an example
- 02:35 – Brian Dean’s 1M search results
- 03:28 – Long tail phrases are worth it
- 04:08 – Don’t think about long tail content
- 04:28 – Use Ahrefs to see
long tail traffic that comes to your site
- 04:43 – When your content is older, you’ll start ranking for
long tail phrases
- 04:50 – Use your Google Search
- 06:17 – Continually update content you already have
- 06:57 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Long tail keywords are worth using.
- Long tail keywords are the way you naturally write
- Implement long tail keywords to rank old content.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.