Aug 11, 2017
In Episode #376, Eric and Neil discuss whether it is better to
create a mobile website or a mobile app. Tune in to decide whether
it’s worth your time to create an app or just focus on your website
being optimized for mobile. Eric and Neil discuss what they prefer
and why it depends on your niche. They also emphasize that whatever
route you take—mobile app or website—make sure you focus on making
the BEST user experience possible.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Is It Better to Create a Mobile
Website or a Mobile App?
- 00:40 – Eric personally prefers creating a mobile website that
is a responsive website
- 00:58 – Eric also has a mobile app that they built with
- 01:03 – It includes their podcast
- 01:16 – Unless you’re providing a unique function that requires
an app, having a website is just fine
- 01:40 – Prioritize making the best user experience when it
comes to your product
- 01:52 – Neil created an app before but the usage isn’t very
- 02:00 – Mobile optimized websites are simpler and drives more
- 02:22 – A website is enough for those content-oriented sites,
just make it sure it’s optimized for mobile
- 02:40 – Eric shares a study regarding app usage
- 03:30 – Neil has less than 10 apps on his phone
- 03:35 – Marketing
School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual
analytics tool that helps you increase your conversion rate
- 04:44 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- The percentage that describes mobile app usage varies per
- Consider your audience when creating a mobile website or mobile
app—are they more likely to use the app directly or just stick with
the browser to check your product?
- Eric and Neil both agree that it is better to focus on mobile
websites rather than an app if your site is more
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.