Jan 4, 2017
In Episode #157, Eric and Neil discuss whether guest posting is
irrelevant or still effective. Guest posting today works
differently than it did before – its main ROI is not to build
links, but to deliver value and drive those leads. Listen as Neil
and Eric discuss how to best utilize guest posting for your
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: Is Guest Posting Still Worth
- 00:44 – Guest posting is posting on other websites for link
- 01:30 – It’s still worth it
- 01:48 – Before, guest posters get author accounts
- 02:00 – Now, if you’re given an author account, it will be in a
sub-page without indexes
- 02:32 – DON’T waste your time guest posting for links
- 02:41 – Focus on guest posting to drive leads
- 03:13 – Neil talks about his friend, Jason, who specializes in
- 03:57 – You will see little to no results on your first 6
months of guest posting
- 04:00 – It takes a year to get traction
- 04:29 – Eric shares an article he wrote about YouTube
- 05:33 – Guest posting has it’s ROIs
- 05:53 – Focus on delivering value
- 06:19 – Yields from guest posting will definitely take
- 06:41 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Guest posting is STILL relevant as a marketing tool.
- Do NOT focus on link building – it’s about driving those
- Make sure you are delivering VALUE in your posts.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.