Jun 22, 2020
In episode #1421, we tell you
what we would do first if we were to start all over again! We
imagine how we would play the SEO game if we had no resources but
all our knowledge, and stress things like learning from the
playbook of your competitors, going after easy keywords in a large
total addressable market, and diversifying once you build some
traction. Listen along so you can apply what we learned the hard
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: If We Had to Start Over, Here’s
What We Would Do First.
- [00:30] Setting the criteria: starting SEO with no
resources and just our knowledge.
- [00:50] Learning from the playbook of successful
- [01:45] Brian
Dean’s strategy: long-form content with lots of data.
- [02:24] Partner with people, take their data, analyze,
and add your unique spin.
- [02:32] Publishing one thing a month; taking it one
step at a time.
- [02:51] The
riches are not in the niches: create a site after a big
- [03:16] It’s
easier to get a small fraction of a big pie than the other way
- [03:31] Focus
on the easy keywords in the big markets and build traction from
- [03:42] Diversifying once traction is built;
newsletters are a good idea at this point.
- [04:20] Don’t
bet everything on SEO!
- [04:33] That’s
it for today!
- [04:34] To
stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to
the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short
Connect with Us: