In Episode #284, Eric and Neil discuss how you can find a reliable blogger. Tune in to know where you can post job postings as well as search for great bloggers. Eric and Neil will also discuss why setting criteria is important to find your next blogger and how to prepare for the inconsistent blogger.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How You Can Find a Reliable Blogger
- 00:35 – Go to ProBlogger's’s job board
- 00:43 – Eric found technical writers who write about machine tools
- 01:04 – Craigslist and Upwork are also good options
- 01:09 – It’s not about finding just good bloggers
- 01:12 – You can add certain requirements in your job post
- 01:43 – The hardest part of getting bloggers is their ability to produce a great content, consistently
- 01:48 – Neil looks for people who don’t have jobs and freelancers who can produce a lot of volume for you
- 02:09 – The key is to find freelancers who don’t have full-time jobs and can do a few pieces of content, each week
- 02:27 – Eric usually goes to Growth Hackers and Inbound.org to find people
- 02:36 – You can also look at designer’s portfolio to see their work
- 03:20 – There are online communities that have message boards where you can find possible bloggers
- 03:28 – Go to Reddit to see what people are sharing and talking about, in general
- 03:48 – Bloggers usually break their consistency so make sure you have a huge backlog
- 04:02 – Having a number of bloggers and a backlog will solve your reliability issues
- 04:10 – Marketing School is giving away a free, 1 year annual subscription to Mixmax, a sales and marketing tool
- 04:36 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 04:41 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 05:20 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- When looking for a blogger, set a criteria that is right for you.
- Reliability and consistency can be a problem with some bloggers so keep a huge backlog.
- Go through different, online communities to see what people are sharing and talking about.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: