Jan 28, 2018
In episode #546, Eric and Neil talk about what shady marketers
do and how you can succeed in spite of them. Tune in to hear how
Eric and Neil earn good will with their marketing
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How You Can Compete with the Shady
Marketers Without Breaking the Rules
- [01:05] Shady is: bending the rules, using unethical
techniques, or avenues that aren’t on the up and up.
- [01:32] Facebook has
always been big on skin care advertisers. Unfortunately, they offer
free trials that aren’t actually free.
- [02:00] Blackhat SEO’ers would create link wheels, where they
would take a web 2.0 properties and link them to each other.
- [02:34] Instead of making spammy articles, what if you linked
all your guest posts together?
- [02:51] Thinking long term is key to your success, even when
learning from shady techniques.
- [03:36] Yes, the shady marketers may be beating you right now,
but they won’t be around forever.
- [03:53] Affiliate marketers will burn your brand if they have
to, but that won’t work for them in the long term.
- [04:32] Neil does more of everything that will pan out in the
long term and ignores the bad marketing techniques. He likes to
create more good will around his brand.
- [05:18] The Skyscraper
Technique is more or less what Neil is doing.
- [06:00] Don’t worry about what your competition is doing if
they are shady!
- [06:25] That’s it for today!
- [06:27] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway
for a special edition of Crazy Egg, the heat mapping tool.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: