Oct 21, 2018
In episode #812, Eric and Neil
discuss how to grow your podcast. Tune in to hear what you need to
do to make your podcast a success.
Eric and Neil have committed to
throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once
Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take
action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] How We Grew Marketing School to Over 750,000
- [01:10] They promoted the
podcast through email blasts.
- [01:26] They begged others to
promote through their lists, but you can pay people to promote
through their email lists.
- [02:03] The content tilt was
that their podcast is about two guys who love
- [02:25] They haven’t missed a
show for two years.
- [02:40] Consider what your spin
is, in order to set yourself apart.
- [02:54] Eric and Neil are picky
about their titles.
- [03:05] They love to create
- [03:15] Appealing titles help
- [03:35] They check out other
ideas through BuzzSumo to see what is popular.
- [03:45] They also see what is
popular on YouTube.
- [04:18] Before they even
record, they start with the title.
- [05:22] They look at
their Libsyn stats. This will show you which episodes do
- [05:51] Based on this, they
know which topics to use in the future.
- [06:05] Apple Analytics is
still in beta, but it’s starting to kick out info about podcast
- [06:30] The live event is a
great offer to get more listeners.
- [06:57] iTunes lists the last
300 episodes. It’s valuable to post as many as you can.
- [07:32] If you are interested
in corporate training, tweet at Eric.
- [07:44] That’s all for
- [07:51] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting.
Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1
Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live
event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: