Nov 22, 2016
In Episode #114 Eric and Neil discuss how tools create better
marketing ROIs for your business. Listen to hear their examples and
to better understand that links are a big factor for tools.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How tools create a better marketing
- 00:39 – Neil did a test
- 00:44 – Neil checked Hubspot
- 01:02 – Leads today from content marketing, conferences,
sponsorships and ads
- 01:09 – During the early days, they got leads from their
- 01:12 – Word Stream also generates leads from their PPC
- 01:19 – Neil’s tool experiment on Quick Sprout
- 02:31 – Check Walkscore through Ahrefs and you’ll find a lot of anchor
text going back to their site
- 02:56 – Don’t do black area
- 03:28 – Neil shares what he knows on Walkscore
- 03:55 – They created a tool
- 04:15 – How realtors helped Walkscore build links
- 04:40 – Realtors were able to use Walkscore as selling
- 05:00 – Using links and badges these days can be hit by
- 05:46 – Don’t use tools for mischievous purposes
- 05:51 – Tools are mouse traps
- 06:16 – Check Outgrow.co will
help you get started
- 07:01 – Simple tools don’t do well
- 07:14 – Do a tool that’s a bit more wowing
- 07:52 – Think about interactive content too
- 08:20 – Links are a big factor
- 08:34 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Create tools for black hat purposes if necessary.
- Complex tools require complex solutions.
- Instead of creating simple tools, go for ones with interactive
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.