Jan 8, 2018
In episode #526, Eric and Neil discuss the ways in which you can
hook readers with a killer blog introduction. Tune in to hear their
tips for creating great blog posts.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Write a Killer Blog
Introduction that Really Hooks the Reader
- [00:34] Neil likes something hard-hitting and quick, when it
comes to blog entries.
- [00:56] Statistics really draw him in.
- [01:21] Conversational-style writing is also really appealing
to Neil. Hooking people with a personal story is usually
- [01:38] Neil likes to write in the first person, as it makes it
seem more personal.
- [03:10] Eric likes reading things that are written by marketing
copywriters, because they know how to write a good hook.
- [03:37] Eric likes looking at
The Boron Letters and the book
- [04:07] Perry
Marshal said that your goal when writing an email is to hook
them into the next email.
- [04:28] It’s important to focus on how to keep readers
- [04:42] It must be authentic and fit your personality.
- [05:40] Take the signal that makes sense to you and adjust it
to fit your style.
- [05:46] That’s it for today!
- [05:48] Go to singlegrain.com/giveaway if you want
to get in on a special giveaway opportunity!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: