In Episode #86 Neil and Eric talk about how you can write a detailed blog post in less than 2 hours. Listen to learn the importance of leaving your mistakes for later and why you should start writing at the time when you’re most productive in a day.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: How to write a detailed blog post in less than 2 hours
- 00:38 – Download Rev to transcribe your audio or video
- 01:01 – If you have a blog topic, record it
- 01:28 – Take the transcription and organize it
- 01:44 – If you don’t know what you’re writing on, it takes forever
- 01:56 – Make sure you know the topic you’re blogging about
- 02:37 – Make the intro and put headings on the points you want to cover
- 02:58 – Write the conclusion before going to the body
- 03:50 – Eric’s blog process
- 03:53 – Open Evernote file and outline
- 04:09 – Start to write
- 04:21 – Come back to organize
- 04:37 – Come back the next day to review
- 05:11 – Figure out what time you’re productive
- 05:40 – Don’t fix errors at first – go back to them after
- 06:03 – Don’t break up the process – correct it later on
- 06:36 – Find a process that works for you
- 06:57 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- If you have a topic in mind, write it down as soon as you can before it gets lost.
- Don’t mind your mistakes at first, you can proofread later.
- Ultimately, as long as your process works for you, that’s all that matters.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: