In Episode #243, Eric and Neil discuss how to win more business as a freelance digital marketer. Tune in to learn how you can leverage online tools to get more people to use your services and the importance of building a strong network.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Win More Business as a Freelance Digital Marketer
- 00:38 – Build your audience
- 00:56 – Figure out where your audience hangs out and deliver content consistently
- 01:31 – Go to CrunchBase and check the people who have raised capital
- 01:38 – Email them on how they can improve their company
- 01:48 – It was Neil’s way to generate revenue
- 02:09 – There are tons of sales tools now, that can help you reach out to people
- 02:14 – One is Outreach
- 02:30 – Yesware and Mixmax can help you personalize and schedule your content
- 02:56 – Google now detects personalized content and tags it as unique
- 03:03 – Personalized content is best for cold outreach
- 03:29 – Help out your competition
- 03:37 – They can give you their low-end deals if they’re too overwhelmed
- 04:07 – Eric has referred deals
- 04:19 – Use Adbeat to create PDF reports
- 05:40 – Reach out to people who have a lot of portfolio companies
- 05:48 – Go to an investor and show them what’s wrong with their portfolio companies
- 06:20 – Suggest more popular companies
- 06:43 – This leads to more and more people knowing about your services
- 07:00 – Guest post on sites like Entrepreneur or Forbes
- 07:20 – Your post can generate traffic leading to a better rank on Google
- 07:46 – Relationship stocking
- 08:04 – The aim is to build a good relationship
- 08:20 – Create your event and connect with people
- 08:44 – Email Eric for his event in LA and he can add you to the list
- 09:11 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Deliver valuable content consistently to your audience.
- The more people see you, the more they want to work with you.
- Offering your services for free is a great strategy to bring in more clients that are willing to eventually pay you.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: