Nov 13, 2016
In Episode #105 Eric and Neil reveal how you can use mobile
based pop-ups without getting Google angry. They’ll show you the
technicalities to avoid and alternative ways you can make your site
impervious to Google’s harsh penalties.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: How to Use Mobile-Based Pop-Ups
without Getting Penalized in Google
- 00:40 – In 2017, Google will start looking at mobile pop
- 01:02 – Neil’s animated interstitial on his site
- 02:53 – You can do a model that doesn’t own the whole page
- 03:19 – Google doesn’t want pop ups consuming the whole
- 04:01 – Use sticky bars instead of pop-ups
- 04:22 – Google “interstitial penalty, 2017” to read more
- 04:43 – Integrate quizzes on mobile devices
- 05:10 – Google is adding a news carousel for amp pages
- 05:28 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Pop-ups occupying the whole screen are a bad user-experience,
which is why Google wants them GONE.
- Make use of the other techniques and tools other than
- Read more about the changes coming in 2017 to stay ahead of the
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.