Nov 27, 2017
In Episode #484, Eric and Neil
discuss how to turn marketing qualified leads into sales qualified
leads. Tune in to learn the difference between a marketing
qualified lead and a sales qualified lead; how to convert an MQL
into an SQL through criteria, and how to automate the scheduling
and sales calls.
- [00:29] - Today's topic: How
to Turn Marketing Qualified Leads Into Sales Qualified
- [00:39] - MQL or marketing
qualified leads are actions that are taken inside your email
marketing software or marketing automation software. Such as
Drip or Marketo.
- [00:49] - Once someone visits a
certain number of pages they may have a marketing score of 70 which
makes them a marketing qualified lead.
- [01:02] - A sales qualified lead
is based on the ideal client profile.
- [01:11] - How do you turn
marketing qualified leads into sales qualified leads.
- [01:18] - Different behavior
triggers can move someone into a sales sequence based on criteria
that you set.
- [01:47] - Ask for a lot of
criteria when qualifying a lead. Use a form field and pass it to
- [02:11] - If sales reps aren't
talking to the leads, they are not generating
- [02:17] - Once the lead hits the
form fields you can schedule them automatically in a call using
something like ScheduleOnce.
- [03:26] - Once a lead comes in
we use Clearbit to enrich the
leads. We only reach out if they fit a certain
- [03:50] - If you want more sales
qualified leads have an online chat on your site like Drift.
- [04:20] - Think about what types
of leads are closing based on region.
- [05:20] - That's it for
- [05:22] - Marketing School is giving away a
90-day FREE trial to Crazy
Egg which is a visual analytics tool.
- [05:27] - Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to
get your FREE copy. You can also learn how to win a one-year
subscription to Crazy
- What should we talk
about next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this
episode? If so, please leave a short