Sep 22, 2018
In episode #783, Eric and Neil
discuss putting on a Mastermind group or conference. Tune in to
hear how Eric put on a Mastermind weekend.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
How to Throw Your Own
- [00:45] Eric through his own
- [00:55] He has been part of an
Entrepreneurs’ group for a while.
- [01:00] Recently, they were in
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico and it inspired him to do a four-day
- [01:36] It is important to
surround yourself with the “right” people on a regular
- [01:54] Eric mandated that
there be no technology during the Mastermind, so there would be no
- [02:15] The 9 people that
attended were friends and/or acquaintances.
- [02:35] When doing a
Mastermind, make sure it includes people you don’t talk to on a
regular basis, so you get fresh perspectives.
- [03:05] Eric has already
implemented some great ideas he got from the
- [03:45] Eric didn’t make money,
but total cost was $3000 for the weekend.
- [04:05] He decided that
everyone would pay at cost.
- [04:25] His main purpose was
not to make money, but to learn.
- [04:45] The things learned will
last longer than the money that could have potentially been
- [05:15] Eric is looking forward
to doing it again.
- [05:25] In order to get people
to attend, Eric sent an email to a select group of people (he
created the parameters based on the desired outcome of the
- [05:55] He sent a simple email
- [06:10] The response rate was
less than 100%, because all but one invitee attended.
- [06:51] Keeping it small (max
15 people) is for the best.
- [07:20] That’s all for
- [07:27] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting.
Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1
Million downloads per month. They will throw a live event once they
reach their goal.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: