Dec 6, 2017
In episode #493, Eric and Neil discuss how you can create paid
ad funnels through which you can drive traffic to your site and
earn revenue through sales. Tune in to hear some great tips on how
to automate your business in your absence.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Step Away From Your Business
So It Grows on Its Own.
- [00:35] Neil believes you need a “funnel”.
- [00:47] If you can take your marketing funnel and fine tune it,
you can constantly make income whether you are there or not. You
can use tools like ClickFunnels.
- [01:07] Use Facebook to
advertise, get people to register for a webinar, and then pitch
your ebook or course (all of which brings in income).
- [01:27] You can also drive traffic through
Google AdWords or YouTube.
- [01:52] You can also upsell (or downsell) different products
and generate more interest and income.
- [02:22] The more products that you have to offer, the easier it
is to step away from your business and still generate income.
- [02:38] It’s a similar concept for service businesses when
- [03:15] When hiring people, you need to make sure you have a
solid training process.
- [03:50] Eric likes to let new hires know about his shortcomings
so they are prepared and understand the office culture.
- [04:30] Neil likes to hire people who can hit the ground
running; he likes to hire from competitors within the industry,
because they are already trained.
- [05:20] Set up a 365 day timeline for you business, so it will
help you focus on goals and make sure the business can grow without
- [06:22] If people aren’t motivated by the same things the boss
is, it will make it hard to keep the business growing in the boss’
- [07:02] Find employees who are willing to take the lead and
incentivize their goals by giving bonuses.
- [07:30] Set up a bonus structure.
- [08:00] Employees stay much longer when they are incentivized
by bonus structures.
- [08:20] Make sure your bonuses reset, so each quarter or year
you’re coming up with new (but realistic) bonus numbers.
- [08:41] That’s all for today!
- [08:43] Eric and Neil recommend the Problem Solvers
podcast, because there is an episode about
Burrow, the Dollar Shave Club for couches. To listen go to
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: