Dec 5, 2017
In episode #492, Eric and Neil talk about how to manage your
business while traveling. Tune in for some great tips on how to
stay involved while also trusting others to step up in your
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:22] Today’s Topic: How to Run a Business While
- [00:31] Eric and Neil are going to try a new format for the
next twenty or so episodes about this type of content and would
like your feedback.
- [01:05] Eric likes to make sure he has ironed out processes and
delegated important tasks before he travels.
- [01:40] Traveling internationally doesn’t mean you can’t reach
your team; you can still work in your current time zone.
- [02:10] Compromising with your leisure and work time while
traveling is the best way to get everything done.
- [02:30] Having amazing managers in place means you can actually
enjoy your travels and have fewer work responsibilities while
- [03:10] Parkinson’s
Law applies: “Work expands so as to fill the time available for
- [03:50] Just because you own the business, does not mean that
you have to do everything: reliable employees are key.
- [04:06] Eric recommends Insta
Sleep to help you get your rest on the plane and adjust to
another time zone.
- [05:30] Traffic is the lifeblood of your business.
- [05:55] Eric recommends
Traction as required reading.
- [06:45] Eric and his team use Slack and 15Five to keep organized and in
- [07:20] It’s important to have systems in place to retain
- [07:40] Always use the plane’s WiFi, so you can communicate and
get work done on the go.
- [08:15] The
American Express Platinum card gets you travel perks that
offset the costs of membership.
- [08:33] That’s it for today!
- [08:42] Eric and Neil recommend the Problem Solvers
podcast, because there is an episode about
Burrow, the Dollar Shave Club for couches. To listen go to
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: