May 31, 2018
In episode #669, Eric and Neil
discuss tactics for reaching influencers. Tune in to hear how and
if you should be trying influencer marketing.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
How to Reach
- [00:34] Influencer marketing is
getting bigger and bigger.
- [01:01] Go after
micro-influencers first. People on their way up are easier to
- [01:15] Micro=5,000-20,000
- [01:27] Search for specific
hashtags, see who is geographically close to you, and get in
- [01:36] You will find these
upstarts are open to collaboration.
- [01:43] There are Instagram
pods, where people follow and promote each other.
- [02:01] Influencer marketing
doesn’t work the way most people think.
- [02:14] When one of the fit tea
guys started using influencer marketing, it was low cost and
- [02:31] Over time, as more
products and influencers came around, influencer marketing didn’t
work as well.
- [03:00] The only way to really
get a good ROI today, is to pay relevant influencers who have the
customers you are targeting.
- [03:15] Going after Kim
Kardashian won’t work unless you have a mainstream product her
audience will love.
- [03:37] You can reduce costs by
only paying for the first 12 or 24 hours of the posted
- [03:46] After a week, the view
count is going to be so small, it doesn’t matter if it goes up or
- [04:18] Do what most people
aren’t: have contests to encourage engagement.
- [04:44] That’s it for
- [04:50] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: