Jul 15, 2017
In Episode #349, Eric and Neil discuss how to rank #1 in Google.
Tune in to learn how you can work your way up to the TOP of the
Google search results and why being consistent and thorough with
your content can skyrocket your ranking.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Rank #1 in Google
- 00:40 – The two main factors that affect ranking are your
content and links
- 00:51 – Building backlinks becomes difficult over time
- 01:09 – Neil was at the SMX Conference and
everyone was talking about links
- 01:20 – Neil found out over the years that Google values
content more than they do links
- 01:27 – You want to get to Top 10 in the search result for any
keyword you want to rank for
- 01:40 – Make sure your content is VERY thorough to get more
search traffic in the long run
- 02:00 – Wikipedia is
always the top search result for “Abraham Lincoln”
- 02:05 – The content is consistently growing
- 02:24 – Guest posting can also help your ranking and ROI
- 02:53 – Eric has a team that tracks their links using Pitchbox
- 03:23 – You can get a higher domain authority when you base
your content on your keywords
- 03:37 – Ranking takes time
- 04:15 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Content and links are the main factors that account for your
search ranking; but, at the end of the day, you should focus more
- Be THOROUGH when you write your content—this will get you to
- Be patient and just continue to add value; your ranking will
increase over time.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.