Sep 7, 2016
In Episode #38 Eric and Neil teach you how to promote a blog
post. Whether you have a tight budget or an endless one, one of
these plans will help you get people to read your content and share
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:24 – How to promote a blog post
- 00:43 – In the beginning, 80% of your time should be spent on
- 01:00 – Find people who have already shared content
- 01:15 – Use Buzzsumo and
- 01:50 – Think about how you can stand out.
- 02:10 – Link out to influencers within the blog post.
- 02:55 – Link out ten times for every 1000 words.
- 03:10 – Linking to companies.
- 03:28 – Paid social ads.
- 03:40 – A huge chunk of funds go to promotion.
- 04:14 – Drive people to your site using Facebook.
- 04:29 – Also use Google.
- 04:40 – Figure out how to write amazing headlines
- 06:05 – Build up a group of people that will help promote your
- 06:35 – It will give you the initial boost with your
- 07:15 – Meeting people at conferences and build relationships.
- 07:40 – One guy who had a smart strategy reaching out to Eric
- 08:10 – Take a look at Gmail
- 08:35 – A lot of targeting options.
- 08:58 – Two Facebook strategies
- 09:08 – Boosting posts
- 09:23 – Buying page likes
- 09:55 – Not all of your posts will be a hit.
- 10:23 – Be creative and listen to digital marketers about how
to boost posts.
- 11:00 – That’s the end of today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Don’t make crappy infographics.
- Contact people who shared the original source of your graphic,
and invite them to share your design.
- If you use infographics effectively, your site’s rankings will
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.