Apr 30, 2017
In Episode #273, Eric and Neil discuss how to promote old
content without being spammy. Tune in to learn updating tactics
that will help you refresh your old content to make it new.
Eric and Neil also share how to republish, re-promote, and
repurpose your old content to drive more traffic to your site.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Promote Old Content Without
- 00:37 – Eric has been upgrading their past content
- 00:41 – When content is being upgraded, Eric will notify their
email list that the content is updated
- 01:01 – Eric might use Facebook ads to communicate this as
- 01:09 – The content will then be new to people and still
- 01:20 – Neil shares what Brian Dean of Backlinko did
- 01:21 – Brian takes his old content, adds a few paragraphs,
makes it better, changes the published date on WordPress so the content will be at
the top and fresh
- 01:35 – Brian then promotes it again on social media and it
actually works well
- 01:43 – Doing this keeps you getting more views and your
rankings and traffic will go up
- 01:58 – Most of what Neil writes on his blogs is evergreen
- 02:13 – Neil re-promotes and repurposes content that is
- 02:21 – “It’s all about value at the end of the day”
- 02:30 – You can use Edgar
to continuously promote your post over time
- 02:55 – Some of Marketing School’s episodes are constantly
republished, using the right setting
- 03:06 – You don’t need to republish content every month, just
once or twice a year is fine
- 03:25 – Marketing
School is giving away a free one-year subscription to Alexa, which is an SEO tool
- 03:42 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 03:47 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 04:02 – Alexa has changed and improved drastically
- 04:43 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- You can update your content by adding a few paragraphs of NEW
information and it will still be valuable to people.
- Republishing and repurposing your content can drives more and
more traffic to your page—including new traffic.
- Consistently promote your content with the right settings and
to the right audience.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.