Mar 29, 2018
In episode #606, Eric and Neil
discuss how you can outrank your competitors simply by copying
them. Tune in to hear how and what you should be
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
How to Outrank Your Competitors
- [00:53] Single Grain went from 4000 visitors/month to 100,000
visitors/month by copying great ideas from his
- [01:20] Take the best
techniques, posts, podcasts and spin it to make it more
- [01:36] Dr.
Axe is a website that
crushed the competition.
- [01:58] Dr. Axe checked which
of their competitors’ URLS were getting the most traffic, had the
fewest backlinks, and then wrote better versions of those
- [02:57] This got them to 20
Million visitors per month.
- [03:34] AHREFS is one of Eric and Neil’s favorite tools. It
can do a content gap analysis, which will help you see where others
are failing. Fill in that gap!
- [04:25] Neil wrote
The Beginners’ Guide to Online
Marketing. It cost him
around $20,000 or $30,000.
- [04:51] It was a combination of
the strongest pieces out there; he made it more detailed, easier to
digest, and combined text with infographics to make it more
- [05:05] A lot of people are
doing 10x or 100x content.
- [05:20] Think how you can apply
Neil’s techniques to your product or service in your
- [05:52] If you continually
create new content on the same topic, Google won’t know which page
to rank higher, so they won’t rank them well at all.
- [06:07] Make sure your pages
are more detailed and don’t repeat content.
- [06:11] That’s all for
- [06:13] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: