In Episode #252, Eric and Neil discuss how to maximize SERP real estate. Tune in to learns tips and strategies that will get your rank to 0 as well as the ways in which you can occupy multiple slots in SERP.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Maximize Your SERP Real Estate
- 00:33 – SERP is Search Engine Results Page
- 01:00 – Figure how you can rank zero by having proper headings
- 01:44 – To get more results in SERP, have multiple pages in your site which are also sub-domain
- 02:08 – If you Google Marketing School, they occupy 5 results with different domains
- 02:31 – One of Eric’s real estate clients gets more results using their social media pages
- 03:15 – Answer questions or have a “how to” guide If you want rich snippets
- 03:36 – In Google Search Console, you can control the links that are showing up
- 04:18 – In linking, when you have subpages under the top keyword, you can also take up multiple spots
- 05:03 – You also want to link to those internal pages
- 05:47 – You don’t have to rank the second one as high as the first one, just high enough
- 05:54 – Eric does reputation management for a client
- 06:03 – Eric is building links to other high page, authority results
- 06:29 – The Marketing School is giving away 5 annual copies of Ahrefs this week
- 07:17 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Proper headings can make ALL the difference – make sure it is relevant and works for you.
- How-to guides and answering questions can give you really good ranking through the snippets.
- Search for the top keywords and have pages link to it.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: