Oct 21, 2016
In Episode #82, Neil and Eric highlight the tips, tools, and
tactics to use when marketing your local businesses. Listen to
learn why you’re not capturing your local market and what you can
do about it.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: How to market your local
- 00:40 – Do local SEO
- 00:46 – Check out and read Moz
and David Mihm
- 01:49 – Make sure you understand variables
- 02:06 – Use tools like Moz
Local, Yelp, and City Search
- 02:22 – If you’re not in them, you’ll end up losing tons of
- 02:45 – Make people happy to encourage them leave a review
- 03:16 – Use Facebook for
geo targeting to market your local business
- 04:16 – Use Pretty Link in
Wordpress to track local ads
- 04:41 – Use localized websites to network with
- 05:50 – Make sure you’re getting reviews
- 06:18 – Don’t forget Google Adwords for call
- 07:18 – Your website is important
- 07:41 – Make your phone numbers clickable
- 07:59 – Make your form fields simple
- 08:16 – Keep images and copy short and on point
- 08:28 – Make sure your server is close to that localized
- 09:21 – Don’t forget about phone calls!
- 09:41 – Waze local is worth
a try too
- 09:56 – Be aware on all the new stuff that’s going on
- 10:10 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Make the most of your marketing efforts by trying all the tools
applicable to your biz.
- Business owners often neglect local details that can cost them
- Large-scale growth starts locally and expands outward.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.