Apr 3, 2017
In Episode #246, Eric and Neil discuss how to integrate chatbots
into your marketing. Tune in to learn what chatbot is, its
limitations and strengths in regards to its function, and whether
or not it is essential for your marketing strategy. They also
discuss the BEST way to optimize a chatbot’s utility—partner it
with a human.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Integrate Chatbots into Your
- 00:34 – There’s been a chatbot craze since 2016
- 00:49 – Eric explains what a chatbot is
- 01:15 – Chatbots can understand the basic level of support
- 01:22 – Eric shares how chatbots work in regards to
- 01:50 – The best version of chatbots
- 02:05 – It’s not a 100% automated bot
- 02:15 – A human element combined with chatbot is what works
- 02:21 – How you type within the chat can be a very meticulous
- 02:26 – Neil shares his experience outsourcing this to the
- 02:37 – Have someone who can nurture the chatbot
- 02:59 – Go to Chatfuel and the Facebook group
interact with people who are interested in bots
- 03:21 – Chatfuel will allow you to build a Facebook bot,
without any need for coding
- 03:38 – At the moment, bots are still imperfect and will fail
- 03:51 – Eric reads a sample chatbot message
- 04:14 – Chatbots are not gaining traction
- 04:27 – Use the ones that are a bit aggressive, like Intercom and Drip
- 04:46 – Neil shares why having a more aggressive bot is
- 05:21 – It is still your job to convert people
- 05:29 – Use chatbot to your advantage
- 05:34 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Chatbot can offer a very basic level of support which can work
to your advantage.
- Human interaction combined with a chatbot is the best way for a
chatbot to operate smoothly.
- Do NOT rely too heavily on a chatbot for conversion – at the
end of the day, it’s your job to sell.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.