Nov 8, 2016
In Episode #100 Eric and Neil talk about how you can increase
your rankings by having thorough, topical content. Listen to
understand why “extended content” doesn’t necessarily mean it’s
“thorough content” and how it’s not about the amount of content but
the depth of the topic.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: How to increase your rankings
through topical content
- 00:40 – What topical content is
- 00:52 – Most websites will create topics and pages instead of
just one page with all the topics
- 01:24 – Make the pages in depth
- 01:34 – Some sites talk about things that are not so relevant
to the main topic
- 02:33 – Google the word ‘hub and spoke’
- 03:03 – Neil’s hub page
- 03:49 – Neil and Eric started consolidating their pages
- 04:11 – Focus on one page to make things easier
- 04:17 – Qualaroo is a good
- 04:30 – It’s not about producing the most amount of
- 05:30 – Don’t extend your post just for the sake of doing
- 05:47 – Brian Dean’s 1 Million
- 06:20 – Don’t worry about adding a ton of pages to your
- 06:39 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Master the art of the hub and spoke.
- Stick to your topic – too many additional topics can be
- It’s not about having THE MOST content; it’s about the most
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.