In Episode #100 Eric and Neil talk about how you can increase your rankings by having thorough, topical content. Listen to understand why “extended content” doesn’t necessarily mean it’s “thorough content” and how it’s not about the amount of content but the depth of the topic.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: How to increase your rankings through topical content
- 00:40 – What topical content is
- 00:52 – Most websites will create topics and pages instead of just one page with all the topics
- 01:24 – Make the pages in depth
- 01:34 – Some sites talk about things that are not so relevant to the main topic
- 02:33 – Google the word ‘hub and spoke’
- 03:03 – Neil’s hub page
- 03:49 – Neil and Eric started consolidating their pages
- 04:11 – Focus on one page to make things easier
- 04:17 – Qualaroo is a good example
- 04:30 – It’s not about producing the most amount of content
- 05:30 – Don’t extend your post just for the sake of doing it
- 05:47 – Brian Dean’s 1 Million SEO Results
- 06:20 – Don’t worry about adding a ton of pages to your site
- 06:39 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Master the art of the hub and spoke.
- Stick to your topic – too many additional topics can be irrelevant.
- It’s not about having THE MOST content; it’s about the most thorough content.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: