Dec 9, 2016
In Episode #131, Neil and Eric discuss how to improve your
mobile conversions. Listen to know how you can optimize your mobile
conversions and what to expect in Google’s upcoming changes for
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Improve Your Mobile
- 00:32 – Google has changed things; they now have mobile
- 00:52 – A description of how mobile pop-ups work
- 01:09 – Neil doesn’t use mobile pop ups and explains why
- 02:05 – “Optimize for conversions through the flow”
- 02:48 – Breakdown steps and forms
- 03:08 – There will be an interstitial update on pop ups in
- 03:27 – Convertflow can
show different offers to people
- 04:36 – Different conversion rates for people who already opted
- 05:01 – Neil integrates CTAs in his blog posts
- 05:48 – Single Grain
has an “opt-in” bar at the bottom of their mobile page
- 06:10 – Make sure your pop ups don’t take most of the
- 06:31 – Search
Google interstitial penalty
- 06:38 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Pop ups may not be a good option for mobile because of the
small screen size.
- If you break up your content into smaller, shorter pages on
mobile, you tend to convert more.
- Read about the changes Google is making to guide your 2017
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.