Aug 21, 2018
In episode #751, Eric and Neil
discuss how to properly hire interns. Tune in to hear tips on
making the most of internships.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
How to Hire Marketing
- [00:45] Interns are awesome
because they aren’t jaded and are basically blank
- [00:55] They are often quick
learners and you can train them to have a future in your
- [01:35] Eric had an intern that
didn’t have a college degree, but he is one of their best employees
- [01:55] You never know where
good talent will come from.
- [02:05] One intern earned his
spot at Singlegrain by writing an 800-word blog post about what he
would do to improve the site.
- [02:18] Eric pays his
- [02:25] AngelList has been a great resource for finding
- [02:36] Neil goes to colleges
- [02:48] The schools help with
- [03:10] As your potential
interns what they are looking for in a career.
- [03:25] Don’t make false
- [03:45] Don’t string interns
along with the hopes of getting a full-time job, if that won’t be
- [04:40] Sometimes, Eric teaches
at USC, which gives him a great opportunity to find
- [05:05] Ask your interns to do
an assignment, like a video to show off their skills.
- [05:40] Make the internship
mutually beneficial, so the interns get as much out of their
position as you do.
- [05:58] That’s all for
- [06:02] If you could take two
minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening
experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters
to our listeners.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: